Contraction of the superficial facial muscles can cause unwanted lines, wrinkles and a drooping brow.
Injection of Botox Cosmetic blocks nerve impulses and prevents contraction of the facial muscles.
Patients will see the effects of muscle relaxation within several days; the full effect is usually noted 7 days after injection.
Relaxation of the muscles can last up to 3 – 4 months.
Botox Cosmetic can be used to treat the following:
- Horizontal forehead lines.
- Frown lines in between the eyebrows.
- Crow’s feet at the lateral corner of the eyes.
- Bunny lines on the nose.
- Drooping brow (Botox brow lift).
*Please note: The treatment results of Botox are not permanent.
When our face ages:
- Collagen is lost and elasticity decreases.
- The dermis (deep layer of the skin) becomes thin.
- Boney landmarks, wrinkles and furrows become more visible.
- The eyes look more hollowed.
- The corners of the mouth droop.
- The groove between the nose and lips (nasolablial groove) becomes more prominent.
- The lips thin.
- The jowls (cheeks) become depressed.
We recommend the Allergan product line: Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus & Juvederm Voluma.
Hyaluronic acid fillers, injected in to the dermis of your skin, bind water and increase tissue volume. They are used to fill lines and wrinkles and increase tissue mass.
The following can be treated with Juvederm:
- Filling in the groove from the lateral edge of the nose to the corner of the mouth (nasolabial groove).
- Filling in the fold from the corner of the mouth to the chin.
- Increasing the size, volume and definition of the lips.
- Filling in lines around the mouth.
- Filling in loss of volume under the eyes.
- Filling in frown lines in between the eye brows.
- Enhancing the cheeks.
*Please note: The treatment results of Dermal Fillers are not permanent.